Both series will meet on Sundays, from 1:45-3:00 p.m., at the studio at The Pots Place on the following dates:
- Class A (to read more and register): Sept. 13, Sept. 20, Sept. 27, and Oct. 4.
- Class B (to read more and register): Oct. 18, Oct. 25, Nov. 1, and Nov. 8.
The cost for each series is $48, with advance registration and payment primarily handled through the Community Education office (see links above). However, students interested in Class A may also register at the first meeting on Sept. 13. Mats and other props are provided, although students are welcome to bring their own if they have them.
Former students report several benefits to beginning or restarting their yoga practice through these classes:
- Yoga has really helped my back.
- Yoga has reduced my aches and pains, especially in my neck and shoulders.
- I have been able to reduce or eliminate my medication.
- I sleep better.
- My flexibility and balance have improved.
- Focusing on my breath helps me be more calm.
About the teachers:
- Susan Polk, E-RYT 500, RPYT and owner of Be Happy Yoga, has been enthusiastically teaching yoga since 2004. In addition to teaching yoga at many locations in Bowling Green, Susan also works as a yoga therapist which includes private yoga sessions. Prenatal Yoga and Thai Yoga Therapy. In 2013, Susan started her own 200-hour Registered Yoga School.
- DeAnn Stanley returned to yoga about 11 years ago and has practiced regularly since. She graduated from the Be Happy Yoga School in 2014 and is an RYT 200 with certification in Kids Yoga and Senior Yoga. DeAnn believes yoga is for everyone regardless of age, physical condition, weight or ability, and she is also offering two other classes through Community Ed this fall, Chair Yoga and Yoga for Children. For full descriptions, see the website.