On March 15, Yoga Alliance, the primary professional organization for yoga teachers and training programs, strongly recommended “for communities where social distancing has become required, recommended, or the community norm, that all in-person yoga instruction be canceled until the need for social distancing has passed.”
After Yoga Alliance’s announcement, ten of our 4yoga teachers gathered on a Zoom call to discuss the recommendation and decided that we would follow it at the studio. As a result, we have suspended our in-person classes, effective Mon., March 16.
However, we hope that you can think of this period not in terms of what we are missing but in terms of what we are gaining: the opportunity to develop and enhance our home practices! To that end, our teachers are working to provide audio and video resources to support your yoga practice. Our goal is to build a catalog of several types of classes and teachers that you can revisit as your schedule allows.
Each week, we will post an update like this one that lists what options will be available for each upcoming class. Please check this list throughout the week—since this is a fluid situation and we are all learning as we go, we may be adding or revising options as the week unfolds.
• 8 a.m. Meditation. Canceled.
• 9:30 a.m. Basics. Canceled. (May have video to share later in the week.)
• 5:30 p.m. Flow. Susan will stream a practice via Skype. See details below.
• 9:30 a.m. Gentle. Canceled.
• 4 p.m. Basics. Heather will share a short video.
• 9:30 a.m. Basics is canceled.
• 5:30 p.m. Flow is canceled.
• 7 p.m. Mat Pilates. Susan will stream a practice via Skype. See details below.
• 9:30 a.m. Gentle. Susan will stream a practice via Skype. See details below.
• 4 p.m. Basics. Heather will stream a practice on Facebook Live (also at her business page, The Mobile Mat).
• 7 p.m. Restorative. Angie will stream a practice on Facebook Live.
• 9:30 a.m. Gentle. Angie will stream a practice, platform TBD.
• 5:30 p.m. Yin is canceled.
• 9 a.m. Basics. Cre will stream a practice via Facebook.
• 11 a.m. Beginner is canceled.
• 4 p.m. Basics/Restorative is canceled.
• 8:30 a.m. Spiritual Warrior. Cre will stream a practice via Facebook.
• 4 p.m. Basics. Chie will stream a practice, platform TBD.
We hope that these resources provide support for your social distancing schedule, and we look forward to seeing you online! Please also let us know what other materials you would like us to consider adding to our catalog.
A note about payment: as a community studio, we do not have the infrastructure to support online payments. In fact, having students pay teachers directly is one of the ways that we have been able to maintain our $5 class fee for 8.5 years.
Therefore, if you benefit from the resources your teachers have provided, we would appreciate if you could record the teachers’ names and the numbers of materials you have used and compensate the teacher when we return to the studio: we will have envelopes available for that purpose. Alternately, if you would like to mail a check to the studio, please make it out to the appropriate teacher and send it to
c/o The Pots Place
428 East Main
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Instructions from Susan to join her Skype classes:
The individuals will need to be operating off a Microsoft platform (which is pretty standard these days) and they can find me via this link: https://join.skype.com/invite/EjvhNViA5w92 .
A pop up will appear stating “Susan Stanton has invited them to chat on Skype” and they can then click on join via the web (will require their Microsoft password) OR the download button and sign into Skype -which is FREE (only requiring name, phone, number and DOB), OR if they already have it-launch directly to the site to connect with me. Once their connection pops up on my screen, I’ll add them into the class video.
*NOTE: please advise them to log on a few minutes early, so they can get linked in to start on time.
Susan’s Skype contact info. is: sls0118