Although we’re late to share this month’s announcement here on the website, we hope you understand why: we have been busy celebrating our 11th anniversary with a variety of special classes and events! In fact, those celebrations have motivated even Dolly Kessler (pictured below) to get in on the action!
Whether you have been practicing with us since 4yoga’s founding or are still finding your way to the classes that will best support you, we hope to see you in September as we celebrate our eleventh anniversary! We appreciate all the support from our community as we have embarked upon, built, and sustained this community yoga experiment.
To celebrate our eleventh anniversary, we have assembled eleven special events, and we think there is something for everyone:
- Missing outdoor classes? Join Heather or Shigeko!
- Curious about a one-time class at the studio*? Join Angie or Frances!
- Looking for support in meditation? Join Danny Brewington from Nashville on Zoom for the Meditation Made Easy workshop!
- Wanting opportunities to connect and chat? Join Beshka, Heather, Leslie, or Trudy after class for coffee, happy hour, or dinner!
For a chronological rundown of the month’s events, see the list below (to make them easy to find, we’ve italicized classes and workshops in this list):
- Thurs., Sept 1: coffee with Angie after the Gentle class.
- Sat., Sept. 3: coffee with Beshka after the Basics class.
- Sun., Sept. 4, 8:30 a.m.: Sunrise Yoga with Heather at Circus Square Park. Fill up your coffee thermos and join Heather Sunday morning for an outdoor, donation-based yoga class at Circus Square Park. Hang around and enjoy the sunshine afterwards!
- Mon., Sept. 5: coffee with Leslie after the Labor Day class.
- Fri., Sept. 9, 5:30 p.m.: Restorative Guided Relaxation with Angie at the studio. Looking for a chance to unwind at the end of the week? We’ll begin by relaxing the body in supported, restorative yoga poses and then allow the mind to relax as Angie guides us through a yoga nidra practice.
- Sat., Sept. 10: Meditation Made Easy workshop with Danny Brewington on Zoom. This month, our meditation workshop’s focus moves to the throat chakra and self-expression. Whether you have taken previous workshops with Danny or are looking to learn more about meditation from an experienced meditator and teacher, you will benefit from this 90-minute session! Read more on our website, or register here.
- Mon., Sept. 12: coffee with Trudy after the Gentle class.
- Mon., Sept. 12: dinner with Heather after the Basics class.
- Sat., Sept. 17, 10:30 a.m.: Outdoor Yoga with Shigeko at the airport. Missing outdoor yoga at our pandemic location, the Bowling Green-Warren County Airport? Then join Shigeko as she brings back an opportunity to practice here!
- Thurs., Sept. 22: happy hour with Heather after the Basics class.
- Fri., Sept. 30, 9 a.m.: Yoga for Managing Arthritis with Frances. Arthritis in its different forms can have a negative impact on all areas of life. Fortunately, yoga’s deep breathing, meditation, visual imagery, and physical movement can benefit both the physical and psychological well-being of those with arthritic conditions. Join Frances to learn more!
* As we continue to practice ahimsa (non-harming), we welcome vaccinated folks to in-studio classes and everyone to outdoor classes. At this time, although masks are not required, they are encouraged because Warren County’s COVID-19 community level is high. (Data current as of Sept. 2.)
Again, we thank all of you for your support since 2011; we are grateful to continue to serve the Bowling Green community!