April invites us to come along with the buds and blossoms, to be buoyed up on a carefree breeze that delivers happy sounds of neighbors sharing neighborly tidings, birdsong, and children’s delightful cacophony of outdoor play. Come along and open our hearts with the joy of spring, the tender new life promised to us in the dark, dreary days that are now in the rear-view mirror.
Lethargy is replaced with energy and inspiration, both of which can be felt and enhanced in poses such as bridge, camel, and cobra as the heart unfurls to beam its light. We hope you join us this month for a lighthearted, energizing practice!
April updates and special events:
- New drop-in meditation classes. Alice Simpson will offer two Mindfulness Meditation classes during the second week of the month. Just as with our yoga classes, these sessions are available on a drop-in basis and for our usual $5 class fee. Whether you are new to meditation or an experienced meditator, please join Alice on Tues., 4/9, at 5:30 p.m. (in the lounge) and on Sat., 4/13, at 2 p.m. (in the studio). Read more on this post.
- Yoga@the Museum on Sat., 4/13, 10:30 a.m. This 70-minute Basics-level class, offered on the second Saturday of each month, meets at The Downing Museum, and Leslie Weigel teaches it in March. Find out more here and register here.
- Yin@the Museum on Sat., 4/20, 4:30 p.m. If you have been looking for an afternoon practice at The Downing Museum, Chie Tanaka provides that opportunity with our third 70-minute Yin class. Read more here and register here.
- Meditation@the Museum on Sat., 4/27, 10:30 a.m. Join Alice Simpson for the monthly meditation class held at The Downing Museum. No prior meditation experience is required—beginners are always welcome. Learn more here and register here.
- Quarterly book club on Sun., 4/28, 1 p.m. Join Tori near the end of the month for a discussion of this quarter’s book, The Surrender Experiment by Michael Singer. Our discussions are always lively, even if we don’t all finish reading the book, and our snacks are always delicious! For details, see this post.
For a full list of April classes, please see the calendar page on our website or pick up a hard copy at The Pots Place. We also post the day’s classes each morning on our Facebook page, should you find it convenient to keep up with us there.
- Leaving belongings outside of studio space. To allow yourself and your classmates to focus on your practice, please leave all personal items—including phones, shoes, and purses/bags—in the kitchen or the hallway.
- Accessing studio if front door is locked. If the front door is locked when you arrive, you can still join us for class: come around to the back door of The Pots Place (look for the blue building and bright blue door) and ring the buzzer. The teacher will unlock the door remotely for you to enter through the pottery studio.