- October (2020) schedule: 3 weekly outdoor classes + monthly meditation!
- September (2020) schedule: 4 classes a week, meditation, book club!
- Catch up with Erica, take an in-person or remote yoga class, or join us for meditation!
- Book club to discuss Breath by James Nestor: Sun., Sept. 20, 1 p.m.
- Looking for an opportunity to chat? Join Angie on Zoom!
- beginner series
- benefits of yoga
- book club
- guest teachers
- health fair
- laughing yoga
- new class
- new teachers
- places for yoga
- pose of the month
- purpose of yoga
- styles of yoga
- teacher training
- Training Thursdays
- yamas and niyamas
Tag Archives: neuroscience
During Tuesday’s Gentle class, Susan Polk discussed some of the brain benefits of yoga and meditation and mentioned an online meditation program presented by Deepak Chopra and Oprah Winfrey. This program, Manifesting Grace through Gratitude, is available on Chopra’s website; … Continue reading
During a recent (July 3) Yin class, Angie shared excerpts from this post on the Psychology Today website. Written by Marlynn H. Wei, a yogi who is also a psychiatrist, the piece is titled “Why Does Anyone Do Yoga, Anyway?” … Continue reading
The Washington Post recently reported on a study by Sara Lazar, a neuroscientist at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, that identified changes in people’s brains when they practice meditation. After subjects spent eight weeks in a mindfulness-based stress … Continue reading