- Welcome 2021: 4-week series + monthly meditation!
- Training Thursday: Beshka Moore completes 300-hour training!
- December (2020) update: pause scheduled classes, watch for pop-ups, please complete survey
- November (2020) schedule: outdoor yoga continues
- October (2020) schedule: 3 weekly outdoor classes + monthly meditation!
- beginner series
- benefits of yoga
- book club
- guest teachers
- health fair
- laughing yoga
- new class
- new teachers
- places for yoga
- pose of the month
- purpose of yoga
- styles of yoga
- teacher training
- Training Thursdays
- yamas and niyamas
Tag Archives: neuroscience
During Tuesday’s Gentle class, Susan Polk discussed some of the brain benefits of yoga and meditation and mentioned an online meditation program presented by Deepak Chopra and Oprah Winfrey. This program, Manifesting Grace through Gratitude, is available on Chopra’s website; … Continue reading
During a recent (July 3) Yin class, Angie shared excerpts from this post on the Psychology Today website. Written by Marlynn H. Wei, a yogi who is also a psychiatrist, the piece is titled “Why Does Anyone Do Yoga, Anyway?” … Continue reading
The Washington Post recently reported on a study by Sara Lazar, a neuroscientist at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, that identified changes in people’s brains when they practice meditation. After subjects spent eight weeks in a mindfulness-based stress … Continue reading