And now, we enter the chapter of February. We will pick up with the image of you hibernating in child’s pose as the little seed still in the dark, cold earth. Now it is beginning to stir, to have awareness of itself and its purpose.
Enough. These few words are enough.
If not these words, this breath.
If not this breath, this sitting here.
This opening to the life
we have refused again and again
Until now.–David Whyte, “Where Many Rivers Meet”
Allow your next inhale to be deep as you say “Yes” and open to your life in this moment. What did you notice? Now let it go with an equally deep exhale. Perhaps you will be guided by the sensation to allow your body to unfurl the spine into upward-facing dog or cobra. Feel that “yes” shining from your heart as the two shoulder blades gently press forward like hands supporting you. Allow the feeling of gratitude to open the heart and release bitterness and holding on to grudges and feel the power that comes from that release.
We look forward to practicing with you in February, and we are pleased to announce these special events.
- Super Bowl Sunday class: Join Kim at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 1, for the Basics class. Please note that this is the only class on Super Bowl Sunday.
- New Sunday Restorative class: By request, we have added a Sunday Restorative class that begins on Feb. 8 at 6:45 p.m. Join Susan to wind down your weekend with this relaxing practice.
- Talk/meditation session: To participate in the monthly discussion and meditation session, join Juanita on Friday, Feb. 13, immediately following the Yin class. There is no charge for this session, and everyone is welcome to learn more about meditation and its benefits and to experience a short meditation.
Additional useful information:
- Inclement weather policy: If we need to cancel class because of winter weather, we will announce that cancellation at least one hour before the beginning of the class, and we will share the cancellation notice both via email and on Facebook. If you would like us to add a supplemental email address for you so that you receive these notices quickly (e.g., if you want both your work and home addresses in our list), please let us know.
- Accessing studio after class has begun: remember that even if you are running late when the gallery downstairs is closed, you can still join us for class. If the front door is locked, come to the back door of The Pots Place (look for the blue building) and ring the buzzer. The teacher will then unlock the door remotely for you to enter through the pottery studio.