We miss seeing you at the studio and being able to hold a physical space not only for the asana practice of yoga but for the other needs of our community. We also want to protect both our teachers and our students, many of whom are still mostly quarantined for safety. Therefore, to continue to be cautious about our physical health, we will offer remote classes through June.
We deeply appreciate our teachers whose sharing of their talents in both yoga and meditation has allowed us to provide at least two new studio yoga classes weekly since mid-March. We hope you can join them for our June offerings, and we’ve listed them below.
We will also continue to post weekly updates on Facebook and reminders each day that we have a class.
Thursday Restorative or Yin classes, 5:30–6:40 p.m.
- June 4: Restorative with Angie
- June 11: Yin with Chie
- June 18: Restorative with Angie
- June 25: Yin with Sydni
Saturday Basics classes, 9–10:10 a.m.
- June 6: Shigeko
- June 13: Sydni
- June 20: Leslie
- June 27: Chie
Book Club and Meditation (both sessions hosted by Alice on Zoom—meeting links to be added here and on Facebook later)
- Book Club, part 2: Sun., June 14, 1 p.m. Our May meeting was well attended, and the conversation about The Four Agreements was lively! We still have a lot to discuss, so, whether you attended in May or not, please join us in June! Read more about the book club here, ask any questions or let us know you’re coming on the Facebook event page, or just show up in the Zoom meeting to participate.
- Meditation: Sat., June 27, 11 a.m. Alice will create a Facebook event for those who find it convenient to keep up there.
In addition to our studio offerings, the individual teachers below will be providing additional chances to practice. Some of them are continuing with the schedule they have already created; others expect to provide additional, pop-up offerings as the month progresses!
- Alice Simpson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chie Tanaka: https://www.facebook.com/chie.tanaka.1694
- Cre Dye: https://www.facebook.com/cre.dye or https://www.facebook.com/crewarrior
- Debbie Marquette: debbiemarquetteyoga.com
- Frances Strickler: Frnstr1@aol.com
- Heather Kessler: The Mobile Mat, https://www.facebook.com/mobilematbg/
- Leslie Weigel: email@example.com
- Shigeko Sleeper: https://www.facebook.com/shigeko.sleeper.9
- Sydni Perry Elhubishi: https://m.facebook.com/sydni.perry.75 or Sydni.firstname.lastname@example.org
Finances: several of you have kindly inquired about the financial health of 4yoga during this time when we cannot practice together in person, and some of you have generously donated class fees to teachers and supplemental funds to the studio itself. We appreciate your support very much!
For an explanation of our business model and information about how to donate if you choose, please see this post. But the TL;DR version is that we are okay, financially, thanks to the generosity of Kathie Downs, who owns The Pots Place.
Please continue caring for yourselves and your families and friends. We look forward to connecting with you in June!