Thank you for all of your support in August—we enjoyed seeing many of you, whether in person, via Facebook Live, or on Zoom. As we continue our pause from in-studio classes, we are excited to bring you 16 yoga classes, a meditation session, and a book club discussion in September!
Payment note: in order to compensate our teachers, who have been sharing their talents without expectation of payment since mid-March, this month we return to our usual $5 class fee. See details, including accounts for online payments, at the end of this message, and we appreciate your ongoing support for our teachers and our community.
Here is our lineup for September:
- Wednesday 9 a.m. in-person classes. Beginning on Wed., Sept. 9, Sydni and Leslie have teamed up to offer in-person Basics classes at 9 a.m. Join them if you are looking for a weekday morning practice.
- Thursday 6:30 p.m. in-person classes. Based on your feedback after our two previous evening classes, we have scheduled one class each Thursday in September! Because the sun is setting earlier than last month, these classes will now begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. classes: both online and in-person options. For September, we will continue to offer two 9 a.m. Basics class modalities on Saturdays: one will stream on Facebook Live and the other will occur in person.
- Book club meeting. On Sun., Sept. 20, at 1 p.m., Alice will host our discussion about James Nestor’s Breath, the book that gathered the most votes in our recent survey! For more details about the book club meeting—including information about how to borrow a studio copy of the book—see our website post. Or check out the Facebook Event page for additional conversation.
- Monthly meditation class. Alice will host the monthly meditation session via Zoom. This month’s session will take place on Sat., Sept. 26, at 11 a.m.—see its Facebook Event page for more information, to indicate your interest, and to find the Zoom link.
We look forward to connecting with you in September, whether in person, on Facebook, or on Zoom!
Taking an in-person class?
Please follow these instructions for outdoor classes, all of which take place at the airport. If you have any questions, just send an email to this address or a message via our Facebook page.
- Complete the online waiver form if you have not already done so. (You need only complete it once, not for each individual class. If you forget to do it before class, the teacher will have a QR code for you to scan when you arrive.)
- Check our Facebook page or online schedule one hour before class if weather is questionable. We will update in both places if we need to cancel class.
- Bring or wear these items: mask, mat and any props, water, sunscreen.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before class begins to give yourself time to set up.
- Follow the teacher’s guidance to place your mat. She will mark socially distanced spaces for participants’ mats.
- Leave your mask on until you settle on your mat and mask up again when you leave your mat at the end of the practice.
Location: Bowling Green-Warren County Regional Airport, 1000 Woodhurst Drive.
Class fee: for in-person classes, please drop your $5 class fee in a receptacle the teacher provides.
Taking an online class?
Please follow these instructions for online classes. If you have any questions, just send an email to this address or a message via our Facebook page.
- Complete the online waiver form if you have not already done so. (You need only complete it once, not for each individual class.)
- Check our Facebook page for the livestreamed class or the recording that you prefer.
Location: Facebook Live at the times posted on the schedule. Also archive of past class videos available there.
Class fee: for online classes, please provide online payment if possible. Teachers have shared their online payment options, which are listed below. (Although we would prefer that you pay teachers directly, if that is not possible, you may also send your fees via check to The Pots Place and Angie will forward them.)
Paying for an online class?
We realize that some of you are new to online payment platforms; some of us are, too! So we will all figure it out together. We’ve listed online teachers in the order they are offering September classes.
- Angie on PayPal: paypal.me/angelajonesBG; on Venmo: @Angela-Jones-BG
- Shigeko on PayPal: paypal.me/shigekosleeper
- Beshka on Venmo: @Beshka-Moore
- Alice on PayPal: paypal.me/truenamenow
- Sydni on PayPal: paypal.me/sydniheartspaceyoga; on Venmo: @Sydni-Elhubishi